Saturday, November 7, 2009

Web 2.0 Application

This is Meri and Meg's presentation on TokBox. We had a great time playing with this tool and a slightly frustrating time posting embedding it into our google presentation! But I think it still turned out pretty well.

TokBox does have an "upload to YouTube" button available, which would have made this project VERY easy. However, it didn't seem to work for some reason. I recorded several different vids and the uploads kept failing. When I did a little research, it sounds like TokBox isn't consistently the most reliable site, but hey it's free, and I definitely think it is SUPER useful for recording video messages, and would still have potential for application in my classroom.




By Meri and Meg!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of good learning experiences here.
    Conclusions: powerful tool; won't embed in a Presentation w/o alot of fuss; email link to others can view; or Embed directly into a Blog (since it provided the Embed coding in the Share option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah also, Tok Box does have the "upload to YouTube" button, which theoretically would have made this super easy! However, it was not working, my uploads kept failing over and over again. That's why I finally went the Screentoaster route.

    ReplyDelete