Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OK

I will be honest. I really am not 100% sure what this "multimedia" assignment entails even though I read and re-read the agenda, and watched other students' videos. But I have been wanting to do something like this for over a year now, and so I finally went for it.

I used Windows Live Movie Maker, which was very easy to download. I have never created a video on my computer before, and I didn't realize that my PC hadn't come with any kind of little freebie movie-maker. But regardless. Easy to download.

I have like four million videos of my son from pregnancy (didn't include any of the tummy-wiggling video clips - you're welcome)...but they are all so long, and I really liked the idea of setting them to music. It took me a little while to get the audio figured out. It wouldn't take to iTunes, so I ended up just finding my hard copy CD and saving it to my media folder as a Windows Media file. Then uploaded from there. When the video was complete, I uploaded to YouTube and embedded in this blog. It was really fun to cut the videos to match with the music. I think that this is definitely something that I would play around with more.

I also think that this program was easy enough that middle schoolers could use it. I would love to assign students a short (2 minute or so) historical re-enactment, using creativity and humor. I think that would be fun and easy to make, and great for the rest of the class to watch.


2 comments:

  1. Meri,

    That was so touching...I really see how much you love and cherish your family through that. You also have such a good eye for film, I can see that when you look for a shot you are thinking with your heart. Nice job that was really cool. I'm sure thad will love seeing that when he is older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tremendous first-effort on creating a video. Merging camera videos, overlaying music, uploading and embedding into a Blog Post. Wow --- terrific! You're ready to take to the leap and let your middle schools give this a go!

    ReplyDelete