Thursday, November 19, 2009

Multimedia II

I took this video from a longer version that my sister and I created about 10 years ago. I wrote the script and we acted it out together. Clearly we had an abundance of time and plenty of lame props. I created the slideshow in Google Docs to follow along with the content in the edited video.





This is exactly the type of nerdy stuff that I am hoping to be able to implement in my classroom. Making history interesting and memorable is very important to me, and I want the kids to be able to use their creativity to understand and explain stuff that would otherwise be boring. I think that asking the students to create their own videos, and also having them watch other students' would be a great way to peak their interest.

In fact, my sister tells me that her involvement with this nerdy venture helped her remember facts about history for years. (Following WWI, we also did videos on the Russian Revolution and the Boston Tea Party.)

1 comment:

  1. Exactly what the assignment was designed to do. Thanks for a job well done. Met all criteria!

    ReplyDelete